Friday, July 9, 2010

Fringe fancy pants











I serged a cute pair of fringe fancy pants in the Serger Sit N Sew class. Sophia picked out the "Hello Kitty" fabric for these pants. These pants were made with a three thread coverstitch on the serger. I used a pattern for the basic shape but sewed the seams outside rather than inside to create the fancy fringe on the sides, ankles, and waistline. Then, I clipped the flannel fabric to create fringe.  I used black extra double wide bias tape for the drawstring in the waist in a coordinating color.  On the drawstring I used the coverstitch to hold it closed and it looks like fancy stitching along the top of it.   Because my serger is older it doesn't have the "coverstitch" used on this garment in class so it will be tough to re-create. However, there are ways to work around that detail.  Now, I am thinking about other pieces I can make with this cute fabric.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger template by arcane palette