Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nursing wrap




I made a nursing wrap yesterday.. It was so hot outside, 98 degrees that  we were stuck in the basement keeping cool and so I thought might as well make good use of my time and made this in about an hour. Now, my daughter wants a "dress" like Mommy's.

I always thought stores charged too much for nursing wraps so I always just used a blanket or a towel to cover up while nursing. I was right. I made this for less than you can buy one.

I cut the fabric with my rotary cutter and mat. I serged all the raw edges and turned them under, 1/4 inch on all sides. This is three dimensional although you can't tell in the photo above. I made a casing at the top and used stiff boning to create the peak-a-boo window at the top.   Then, I created an adjustable strap by doubling the size of the buckle, sewing a tube wrong sides together.  I turned it right side out and sewed it closed and wound it through the buckle on one side and sewed it to the top of the wrap.  


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger template by arcane palette