Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Coffee cup coaster



I came up with an idea and wondered if i could make it. The answer is yes. I designed this little coffee coaster by drawing my own pattern and creating it through trial and error. It took me several attempts to make this the right size and shape using the serger. The handle although simple looking was the toughest part. The fabric is just regular scrap fabric but the lining is water resistant to prevent water rings on furniture etc. I have some thoughts about how to make this a little easier the next time I make one or several. This was truly fun to think, design, and sew. Also, in the photo it looks a little crooked but that is because I had the iphone camera slanted funny and the corner of the cup was slightly tilted up.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger template by arcane palette