Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sophia's new drawstring tote

Posted by Picasa

At the fabric store a few days ago Sophia insisted that she had to have this scrap of fabric in the remnant bin. I had no idea on earth what I was going to do with it at the time but I figured I would think of something. I decided to try my hand at making a small drawstring purse. Although I tried to find a coordinating fabric to use for accents I was unable to find exactly the right color so I ended up just making the whole little purse out of the Care Bear fabric.   This was very fun to make and I knew Sophia would love it since she loves Care Bears. She couldn't wait for me to finish it. It only took a few hours once I figured out how to make the bottom and the casings for the drawstring ribbon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger template by arcane palette