Friday, February 5, 2010

Ladybug Bib for Baby Sikes 2

I have been wanting to make some baby bibs for the soon to be new arrival in our family so I made this little bib. I know babies can be quite messy so I may need to make another one just to save in case this one is ruined.  This is my favorite thing I have ever made.

This bib is made of cotton fabric with batting as a lining to absorb spills, etc. The face is somewhat appliqued and hand embroidered with embroidery thread since I don't have an embroidery machine yet. Maybe someday I will get an embroidery machine.  I serged most of this project except for the top.  I just love how fast the serger makes projects go and I love the strength and durability of the seams and stitches.   The legs and ties are made of ribbons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
blogger template by arcane palette